Translate

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Happy New (School) Year!

It has been almost a year since I last posted to this blog…  I have no excuses, other than to say my first year at Matthew McNair Secondary School was spent getting to know the community (students, staff, parents etc).  I very much enjoyed my first year at the school and am eagerly anticipating my second.

A promise to both myself and the school community is that I intend to write more frequently here.  I will share my views on educational change, inspiring things I see around our school, and what we can do to help each other continue to improve.  The goal is for me to post at least once per month (and hopefully more frequently).

We also will be creating an online school newspaper, something where I enlist the support of students to tell the stories that happen all around our school and community that perhaps don't get all the attention they deserve.  We will look to post updates to the site every two weeks and hope to have the first issue posted before the end of September (check this site for the address).

Hopefully the summer has been enjoyable for all of you.  The weather was among the most warm and dry on record, and you had plenty of opportunities to enjoy our beautiful province.  Hopefully you did!

I got to spend 40 days travelling through Europe with my family and enjoyed every second of it.  If interested, you can read more on the blog I created for that trip.  It was educational, enjoyable and very tiring, so I am very happy to be home and looking forward to the energy that comes with a school building full of excited staff and students.

The video below is one for our teachers on the first day of the year….
For our students...


And for our parents…

Tuesday, September 8th will be here soon.  McNair starts with a homeroom class (10:00 AM for Grade 8-10 students and 1:00 PM for Grade 11 and 12's) on the first day and then we go to regular length days starting on Wednesday, September 9th.

We look forward to seeing you all again, and if you are new to McNair, "Welcome"!  You are going to love it here.


Have a great long weekend and we will see you on Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment